International Surrogacy - Strategies for Choosing the best Program
International surrogacy is surely an ever-growing option for many families seeking to build their own families through surrogacy but at significantly lower costs than could be offered in the usa. While international surrogacy can certainly offer great financial savings, it is important that the programs offer a full-range of services from legal to psychological care and counseling, and include careful monitoring of surrogates and also the process.
The very best programs should offer quality services by professional staff and follow standards just like those then first class domestic surrogacy programs and promulgated from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine Standards (ASRM).
This is a summary of issues to consider:
1. Standards. This program maintains standards for surrogacy qualifications including age restrictions, health standards, successful birth history, and thorough psychological screening and medical screening. This program should follow standards for example those set forth from the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
2. Psychological Screening of Surrogates by Professional Staff. This can be a critical component of an effective surrogacy arrangement. Professional evaluation of a surrogate's readiness to turn into a surrogate is important.
3. Ongoing Education, Counseling and Support. The best programs could have developed educational programs for surrogates on every aspect of the procedure, and supply ongoing counseling and support for surrogates through the entire process.
4. Oversight of Surrogates. Close oversight of surrogates including unannounced home visits and agency coordination and direct participation in most medical procedures and routine examinations should be an integral part of a well run program.
5. Professional, credentialed staff. The agency needs to have professional, credentialed staff including legal and psychological care staff who are able to provide understanding the legal and psychological facets of the procedure.
6. U.S. and Foreign Offices. This program needs to have staff and offices in the United States and the foreign country in order that communication is handled by experienced staff in the U.S. and can smooth out communication issues which may otherwise occur.
7. Evaluation and Counseling of Intended Parents. This might not seem necessary or perhaps preferred but evaluation and counseling by licensed psychologists can provide tremendous insights to Intended Parents, aid in working with issues surrounding surrogacy arrangements and help Intended Parents to raised prepare with all the surrogacy process and cope with issues because they arise. It is an invaluable and demanding element in any well managed surrogacy program.
A list should be the guide in evaluating international surrogacy programs. This is probably the most important life decisions you ever make and cost savings should not cloud the fundamental requirements, standards and professionalism that must definitely be present in the professional support that you'll receive with this most precious journey to parenthood.