11/14/2007 - RUN!!!! Romans 12:1-4
REFERENCE: Rom. 12:1-4 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. 3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up. 4 After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.
1) We are being watched and encouraged on.
2) There are things, besides sin, that slow us down--perhaps our thinking, distractions like entertainment or
misdirection by the enemy.
3) We suceed by looking at Jesus who began our faith and who brings it to it's full purpose
4) Never forget--no matter what you suffer--He suffered more--and without sin!!
Application/Confession: I need to:
1) Watch what I let "slow me down".
2) Make sure I never feel sorry for myself--instead, look at Jesus.
3) I must keep my eyes focused on Him--He is setting the course and the pace.
PRAYER: God help me--I get so entangled with distractions. I need you to free me up and show me how to run effectively.
My thoughts and insights on the "scriptures of the day" from the One Year Bible Daily Reading Plan.
Entry 1 of 945
Last Page | Next Page