While diabetes medications, insulin injections as well as other tools and resources which can help control blood glucose levels and are big business and can cost a diabetic a minimum of $10,000.00, there are many natural ways that may be even more effective at managing blood sugar levels in addition to being inexpensive. Remember that type 1 diabetes is irreversible and is not preventable but making healthy changes will help reduce symptoms and complication. Diabetes type 2 on the other hand can not only be prevented but can even be reversed. Here are 10 tips about how to reverse diabetes naturally.
How you can Reverse Diabetes Naturally
1. The first step of course is prevention. An important way to reduce your likelihood of developing diabetes would be to keep your weight in check. At least 80 percent of those with type 2 diabetes are obese. Weight problems are believed to lead to insulin resistance which raises the chance of developing pre-diabetes and kind 2 diabetes.
2. Once you have this disease, one extremely important step on how to reverse diabetes naturally is with your diet. Diet is at the heart of any diabetes treatment solution. The elements of the diet that directly impact your blood sugar levels are carbohydrates and sugar that are turned into glucose (simple sugars) from the body which is then released to the blood.
The hormone insulin will be produced by the beta cells in the pancreas and charged with removing this glucose from the blood and transferring it towards the various cells with the body. Glucose is needed by the cells in your body because it provides the fuel or energy necessary for day to day activities. This is why many diabetics have problems with fatigue and weakness. Because of malfunctioning insulin resulting from insulin resistance or even the body not producing enough or any insulin, glucose remains inside the blood has the aftereffect of starving the cells from the fuel they need.
Since carbohydrates and sugar affect glucose levels, you will need to make changes using these. Important changes you will need to make include eliminating refined carbohydrates. Included in this are all the "white" foods created from refined grains such as white rice, white pasta, white bread, etc. They're devoid of nutrients including fiber and raise blood sugar levels the fastest because they travel through the digestive system extremely fast because they contain nothing for the body to grab hold on to to be able to slow the digestion process which leads to blood sugar spikes.
Instead of refined carbs, switch to complex carbs which are digested slower from the body which can help to control blood sugar levels and prevent blood glucose spikes.
Sugar is another factor that you have to consider if you are considering steps concerning how to reverse diabetes naturally. Since sugar directly affects blood glucose levels you will have to consider reducing the amount of sugar you take in.
You may need to eliminate white sugar and foods that contain high amounts of processed sugar. Keep in mind that you may not need to eliminate sugar entirely but do know about how it can affect your blood sugar levels and make adjustments accordingly about how much to eat so when. Instead of eating sweet desserts every day, you may want to have a small little bit of dessert once a week or once per month and so forth.
Fruits contain natural sugars (fructose) but since fruits contain a great many other beneficial vitamins and minerals, they should be okay to include on a diabetic diet which will tend to vary from one diabetic to a different.
3. If your sugar levels are very high, one of the best ways to lower the levels quickly is with exercise. Exercises are a crucial step along with diet in order to reverse diabetes naturally. Exercise has several benefits for the overall health and well being with the mind, body and spirit. For all those with diabetes, exercise has the added benefit of being able to enhance the sensitivity of the cells in the body to insulin which will help promote the movement of glucose in the blood to the cells where it is needed.
Before starting any exercise regime, do check with your doctor because some exercises is probably not suitable for a diabetic especially if you have developed certain diabetes related complications such as foot problems, vision problems, etc.
4. Fiber is a crucial aspect of how to reverse diabetes naturally since it helps to slow down the digestive process which assists to prevent blood sugar spikes. Besides the fiber you get from complex carbohydrates discussed above, other excellent sources of fiber include fruits, vegetables, legumes, etc.
Soluble fiber which is abundant is foods like beans is especially important because it becomes gel like when along with water which slows down digestion as it travels through the digestive tract while helps you to control blood sugar levels.
Fiber can be important for any weightloss routine because it will help you feel fuller sooner which will prevent overeating. Since several diabetics are overweight, incorporating more fiber inside the diet can not only help control blood glucose levels but can also help with weight loss.
5. Significantly decrease or eliminate foods that contain saturated fats and trans fats. Trans fats (present in margarine for instance) needs to be eliminated entirely and this goes for everyone and not just diabetics. Saturated fats raise the risk of heart disease inside the general population. For those who have diabetes who are already in danger of heart disease, saturated fats can make an already bad situation worse.
As well as increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease, saturated fats can lead to insulin resistance which can lead to pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Saturated fats are commonly found in red meats, high fat dairy products, etc. Replace fatty foods with healthy fats (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated efas) commonly found in olives, essential olive oil, flaxseed oil, various nuts and seeds, cold water fish, etc. Making small changes gradually may have a huge impact within your fight against diabetes.
6. Think about adding cinnamon as certain compounds seen in cinnamon have been shown to manage to lowering blood sugar levels by improving the cells in the body absorb glucose like insulin and also help the body utilize blood sugar levels better.
7. Figure out how to effectively manage the stress in your life. Stress can raise blood glucose levels because it causes the discharge of stress hormones. Stress can also affect your blood sugar levels indirectly since it can cause overeating, not exercising, etc. A report showed that diabetics who had been able to lower their levels of stress were able to lower their blood glucose levels so stress management is essential for diabetics.
8. Another with the important tips on how to reverse diabetes naturally is always to consider adding nutritional supplements containing vitamins C, D and E and minerals such as magnesium, zinc, and calcium. These minerals and vitamins can help reduce the risk of diabetes related complications for example heart disease, eye disease and nerve damage. They may also help cells be more sensitive to insulin and significantly lower glucose levels.
9. In order to prevent blood sugar levels level spikes, you might like to consider eating several small meals a day instead of two or three large meals resulted in more glucose levels than insulin should be able to handle.
10. Convince you and you will change your life. Overcome your health. While doctors and several other health practitioners would have been a source of helpful tips and resources, remember to be in the driver's seat. You'll have to be proactive to find out various alternative therapies and knowledge that will help you overcome diabetes or manage diabetes better. A lot of it will require trial and error. You need to be confident in your ability to get the answers and solutions to help you manage this chronic disease.
Even though you learn how to manage your blood glucose levels, there may be instances when you might experience rapid swings in blood sugar due to stress, certain medications, certain foods you eat, etc. Anticipating and accepting these instances will help you move forward quicker by viewing these like a small bump within the road and not a major catastrophe that derails your entire efforts to manage your glucose levels.
You are more than capable of conquering diabetes. You need to believe that in order to make the necessary changes you need to make and only reverse this condition or comfortably manage diabetes while keeping symptoms and complications to a minimum.