So, it is time to embark upon the wonderful realm of retail using your creative knack for designing handcrafted jewelry? Kudos for you for having that entrepreneurial spirit! Now, where do you begin?
If you've been making handmade jewelry for awhile as gifts on your friends or just to put on on your own, then probably you already have what it takes for jewelry design. However, launching your individual business is a whole different scene than merely sitting at your dinner table and creating handcrafted jewelry as a hobby. It requires knowing more about the business side, that's where many artisans get overwhelmed by the many details built along with having a business.
Don't let this deter you. Here are several pointers that can help you on your own quest of making a go of it with your new handmade jewelry enterprise: free arts and crafts marketplace
1. Start out small: Don't try to undertake too much. If you try to open a whole retail store when you're only ready to build your collection slowly this may lead to having too much overhead. Instead, attempt to get your handmade jewelry positioned at some local stores and work on your jewelry business privately.
2. Have a plan: Naturally every entrepreneur will show you to make a business plan. This is very important even for a small handmade jewelry business as it will give you ideas, goals and direction along with letting you see the big picture.
3. Be diligent: Whether you start by asking them questions of people who are already in the commercial or by scouring the world wide web, you can learn many of the ins-and-outs of jewelry-making and selling from your own computer.
4. Name your small business: Think of a catchy and memorable name that sets your handcrafted jewelry aside from others online. Then register your business and set up an LLC or DBA using your state. You may want to explore other requirements so as not to get in trouble with Uncle Sam.
5. Get a website: Even if you don't have a lot of money to invest in the beginning for your jewelry-making business, you can find inexpensive templates on sites like Intuit.com or GoDaddy.com to produce a storefront for your handmade jewelry.
6. Take pictures: Without a nice digital camera, look for a friend or relative who will. Showcasing your handcrafted jewelry items means putting some effort from the presentation because ultimately this will grab your buyers and earn them want to add your circumstances to the shopping cart! sell handmade
7. Consult the neighborhood small business services: Many colleges or small enterprise development offices offer free or inexpensive support and workshops that really help entrepreneurs get started on the correct track. Look into precisely what is available in your community and register!
8. Stick with it: Of course, designing handmade jewelry should ultimately be fun and that's why you have chosen to pursue your passion as being a career. Keep in mind that you will have highs and lows, so stick to it and don't give up.
10/31/2015 - How to Get Started Selling Handmade Jewelry
Share and enjoy